Other Ways to Give
Including tools, building material, and professional services
Your generosity can continue beyond your lifetime
A gift of publicly traded stock may provide greater tax benefits than cash
Donate raw acreage, plotted land, or a completed home
Make a bigger financial and volunteer impact, with great benefits for you as well
In-kind donations are a vital part of our mission; your gift of materials, tools, or services can help stretch our resources further to serve more families in our community. Items we may accept include:
- Building materials
- Nails (8 D, 16 D, roofing)
- Most lumber in good condition
- Garden tools & hoses
- Landscaping plants (in burlap or potted)
- Fiberglass step ladders
- DeWalt 7 1/4" skill saw
- Milwaukee 18V rechargeable battery
- Stanley 25 Ft. PowerLock tape measure
- Heavy Duty retractable utility knife
- Caulk gun
- Black Sharpie king size marker
- Professional services
- Landscape design
- CAD drafting
- Roof shingling
Don't see your item or service listed here? It may still be something we need. Use the button below to contact us. We'd be happy to talk to you!
Our storage capacity is limited, so please contact us to confirm that we have the ability to accept your material or tool donation.
Your generosity can continue beyond your lifetime
Making a planned gift to Beaches Habitat for Humanity will have an impact that will be felt for generations to come, while also offering financial flexibility and tax benefits for you and your loved ones.
We accept a wide variety of gifts including cash, real estate, life insurance, retirement plan designations, and securities. Here are some examples of planned gifts that would make a significant impact on the families we are honored to partner with.
Wills and Trusts
One of the easiest ways to invest in Beaches Habitat for Humanity's work is to remember us in your will or trust. A gift in your will is:
- Flexible. Because you aren't actually making a gift until after your lifetime, you can change or adjust your gift at any time.
- Versatile. You can structure your gift in many ways, including leaving a percentage of your estate to Beaches Habitat.
- Convenient. You have access to your assets throughout your lifetime.
Known as a bequest, this forms of giving can be arranged by working with your attorney to include a few simple sentences in your will or living trust.
Retirement Plans and IRAs
When you designate Beaches Habitat as beneficiary of all or part (1-100 percent) of your retirement plan or IRA, your gift will pass to us free of any income tax liability. To name Beaches Habitat for Humanity as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement account for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage of the plan's value you would like Beaches Habitat to receive and name us, along with the stated percentage, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the form to your plan administrator.
You will make a tax-wise gift to support our work after your lifetime.
Life Insurance Policies
Your life insurance policy can be the most effective and convenient asset for a charitable gift. There are a number of ways you can leverage your life insurance policy for a gift to Beaches Habitat.
- Charitable Giving Riders. Often at no additional cost, charitable giving riders can be attached to some insurance policies to pay an additional percentage of your policy's face value to Beaches Habitat. Contact your insurance administrator for eligibility information. Once you've added the rider, no further action is needed.
- Insurance Policy Donations. Gifting a life insurance policy can greatly reduce your taxable estate and may also yield a current income tax deduction. For the small investment of your annual premium, a policy donation can result in a substantial gift after your lifetime. It can also be a useful way to dispose of a policy that was purchased to serve a need that no longer exists.
- Name Beaches Habitat as a Beneficiary. This is the simplest way to make a legacy gift to Beaches Habitat. Not only does it reduce your estate by the amount of the benefit, it also ensures the privacy of the transaction.
Life insurance gifts are an excellent way to provide a lasting legacy for work that you believe in.
Stocks & Bonds
Donations of stocks allows us to ensure that even more families in the Jacksonville Beaches communities have a safe, affordable place to call home. This is a fast and simple process which can be done through an electronic transfer, or certificates can be donated through the mail.
Please contact us with any questions you have about donating your stocks or bonds. You can reach our Development Director, Mary Anne Christensen, at 904-595-5794 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our housing programs are supported by donations. Land is no different. Our financial resources to purchase land are limited, so gifts of land can improve our opportunities to build affordable homes. Donating land can also have many tax benefits for the donor.
If you have land you would like to donate, our staff and attorney can help you in structuring the gift to accommodate your needs. In many cases, we can assist with the transaction at no costs to the donor and Beaches Habitat for Humanity will cover related expenses to make your gift a reality.
Donations can include plotted building lots, raw land, foreclosed homes or homes in need of repair within our service area, which includes Eastern Duval County, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach. Land and structures outside of our service area may still be accepted as a donation. In that case, Beaches Habitat would sell the property and the funds from the sale would be used for homebuilding, homeowner education, and program operations.
We would also consider purchasing land within our service area. The land must be modestly priced and suitable for house construction. We cannot purchase land that is in the floodplain and we cannot mediate heirship issues. The land must have clear and marketable title and be free of encumbrances. The difference between the sales price and the actual value of the land is tax deductible.